Monday, April 30, 2007

Surprise in my pocket


You know how you might wear a pair a jeans to run a quick errand and then fold them back up because they are not dirty. Well, I did that and I pulled out a pair of jeans that I have not worn since 8/20/2006. My heart just dropped to the pit of my stomach as I pulled out the Robbin's Brothers business card with our Diamontologist contact information and my roommies and my ring preferences.

All it said on the back was:
"his -
0101379 - Studio 311 $795
hers -
0354771 - $795
0354994 - $1595"

I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed!

Today I got a call from an apartment complex doing a reference check on him. I lied to them and gave him a good reference.... obviously I would! They asked if he had left any damage and I said "no."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow yikes! I'm sure that must have been hard on you. And yea lying is the way to go in this situation. You definately want him to find another place!

Anonymous said...

That was hard and how could I good so long without wearing those jeans. I guess they are not a favorite pair!

And roommie got the apartment. He starts moving in today. His Dad agrees to come down (over 100 miles) to help replace the door that roommie messed up. What a blessing! Everything is working out!!! :)

Ano the Blogger said...

Hooorah!!!! Looks like things are working out :) I'm really glad for you.

Vanessa said...

Things are working out, but I am a little sad. It's going to be hard getting used to not having him around, no one to kiss good bye to in the morning or tell me I look great, the company and falling asleep alone will take some getting use to. But I guess that's part of life....

Anonymous said...

That ring is awsome!
Geezz!!

I know aboutthe lie!
LOL!
But its good cuz he is gonna or has already moved out! :-)
Love ya my sweet sista!

Vanessa said...

He got approved for the apartment, his Dad is going to come down and help him move with his truck AND fix the door. Isn't that sweet? I love his Dad! His Dad is so awesome!!! You met him once...remember he was the one sitting next to you at Dad's memeorial.