Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Part 2 of this weekend

Saturday night Santa, Jason, Raquel (a.k.a. Rocky), and myself headed off to Universal Studios City Walk in Hollywood.

First part of the night was dedicated to Rocky and we went to her favorite place called Howl at the Moon. It’s a bar with two dueling grand pianos, a lot of crowd interaction, singing, games and the crowd really gets into it. We were really not feeling it, but were supportive that it had sentimental value to Rocky and tried to enjoy it as much as possible. We stayed there for an hour or so and then headed next door to the Rumba Room. This was more my pace! The two other guys from Friday night joined up with us moments after we entered. Upstairs the club was playing salsa music and downstairs there was hip hop and techno music playing. I can kind of dancing salsa, but Officer W and Santa are salsa dancing machines! I only saw them for a brief moment I was being pulled downstairs with the rest of group, but from what I saw I was inspired to seek out a great salsa class and learn to move like that! It’s a really cool dance and isn’t like dancing to hip hop, at all. Obviously! It’s more fluid. We stayed until the very last song. I almost forgot how much I love to dance and what a high I get from it!

The other guy that came with Officer W cracked me up and freaked me out at the same time! He’s a 21 year old cadet that doesn’t have much rhythm at all. He just stands there in the middle of the dance floor and watches you dance. If you make eye contact with him, then he will copy your hand movement for a brief moment. The rest of the night he walked the club as if he was a bouncer. I think he was practicing for when he become a cop.

Going out and dancing the night away reminds me of when I was in Jr. High and my old sister used to take me out dancing at a local Spanish Rock club. I used to get in with her expired driver’s license (when they used to accept them) and she would wait in the line next to me and if I got in, (which I always did) then she would meet up with me shortly after. This group reminds me of those days and the people I used to hang out with. They are all about having fun, sober or not. That is a big turn on (in a non-sexual way!) for me. It’s hard to find people that go out and just want to have a good time. Drinking optional and their motive is not to get you in bed. Sounds funny writing it, but that has been my experience.


Sunday I went to see Blades of Glory and was rolling the entire time. If you want to just go out and see a silly movie and want to just laugh away, this is good choice.

I think this weekend was on big endorphin ride for me!

No comments: