Thursday, April 26, 2007

Admin. Surprise


Yesterday was Administrative Day and I wasn't expecting anything from my boss, unless, of course, I sent something to myself on his behalf. The way I looked at it is I keep him on track and I was the one who sent his wife Valentine's Day flowers and signed the card, so I didn't expect him to remember me and wasn't bummed that he didn't acknowledge it.
Today, however, I got a WONDERFUL surprise! I came to my desk and saw a 1-800Flowers box waiting for me. I opened it and saw a cute money tree. The myth is that you are supposed to rub the braided trunk every day and prosperity will be attracted in your direction. This is SO me! I have one at home that has grown to be almost as tall as me.
This cute good luck tree was from my co-worker's boss. I help her out a lot when ever she is out of the office and he sent it to me in appreciation of my support! Awww... how sweet!

2 comments:

Ano the Blogger said...

Hey 'nessa, thats cool you finally got something! I was disappointed that you didnt get anything for admins day!

Anonymous said...

I was a little disappointed that our HR department or the new CEO's Assistant didn't do something, but I wasn't expecting anything from my boss. Especially since I sent his wife her Valentine's flowers. The way I looked at it if you can't order flowers for your wife, then you most definitely will not remember to send me some.

I wonder if it is my job to send me my own, seeing how I am his assist. Haha! That would have been funny and a little depressing.