Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Purify me!

My Detox Packet came in from dragonherbs and the best news is that I get to eat during the 11 day detox. YEAH! I have done 1-day, 3-day and 21-day detox before and this is the first one that actually allows you to eat. There is a food list and it has fruits, nuts & seeds, healthy oils, vegetables, gluten-free grains, healthy protein (optional) and herbs and spices to choose from. This is going to be a walk in the park!

The Assist-the-Positive Cleanse is designed to open the channels of elimination such as the colon, liver, lymph, skin, kidneys, and breath.

My cool packet came with:

- Assist the Positive Elixir – Nasty tasting herb tea, but VERY good for you.
- Bupleurum & Rehmannia – Deep & superb detoxification herbs.
- Small Volcano – Helps promote BM.
- Spring Dragon Longevity Tea – tea composed of the best tonic herbs in the world.
- Omphalia 11 – Cleansing herbs
- Herbal Cleanse bath bags– Chinese herbs to cleanse the body and purify the skin
- Tao in a bottle – Anti-stress formula that contains relaxing and adaptogenic herbs

In addition to taking the above mention stuff daily, I have to work out every day for 60 minutes, drink fresh vegetable juice, drink water, drink the Master Cleanse drink (yuck!), meditate 5-10 minutes a day, take alternating hot and cold showers, give assistance to someone who can use a hand and take a few minutes to give thanks and reflect on things you are grateful for. I like the last two!

The Master Cleanse drink is the concoction of lemon, purified water, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. It is one of the most god-awful-drink and its only purpose is to help you sweat. I might pass on this, like I have in the past. It really is terrible!

Before you start you need to “check in with yourself” and be sure that it’s a good time to start the cleanse and that you are not under an unusually high amount of stress or have a demanding schedule. This made me laugh! If I wait for that, then it might be months before I do the cleanse, so I will just wait to start until after my cycle.

12 comments:

Ano the Blogger said...

Wow that's pretty elaborate!!! But I guess all the working out and eating healthy stuff will be good for you.

I dont know how you can suck down all that icky stuff though. I already have a tough enough time drinking daily protein shakes and those taste pretty decent.

Vanessa said...

Herbalist recommend you do 1-2 detox/cleaning a year. A good time is beginning spring season. After all the drama in my life, a cleaning is what I need, plus this one makes you work out for 60 minutes every day... so what better motivation then to get your monies worth.

RE Shakes: I blend mind with some yougurt, juice, soy milk and fresh fruit. It makes it taste a whole lot better!

Anonymous said...

*side glance at Vanessa* You know what I'm thinking, right? :( Oh well. :/

Anonymous said...

Oh, NOW I remember what I was gonna write!

I was gonna suggest you post your good deed for the day and your gratitude for the day, so we can all be karmically sound and appreciative by association. :)

Vanessa said...

Aww... that is a good idea! I am going to write it in my calendar so I remember.

James said...

LOL, Small Volcano - to promote bowel movement? As in OMFG, my ass is spewing out hot molten lava! I'd be very afraid of a product named Small Volcano

Anonymous said...

TurboTiger James brings up a good point. What's wrong with THESE marketers? They need the guys from VitaminWater and Puma to help out.

Jane Doe said...

Turbo Tiger - I didn't even put two and two together! Now I don't want to take those pills!

Cindy - I so agree! The definitely need to hire new marketing people to come up with clever and less frightening names. I am scared to take it! I think I will start on a Friday, so at least I am at home the first couple days that my system is getting used to it. Most importantly, near a toilet!

And to think... I ALMOST started it on a Monday. *gasp*

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing about "a good time" to start the detox.

You have much more willpower than me. I don't think I could live without pasta & chocolate THAT long!!

Anonymous said...

Dude!!! That sounds sweet! Let me know how it goes!! :-) It seems like it's nottoo hard because u can eat so that is a good thing! :-) I did one of those before :-) It worked great! Good luck and keep me posted!

Ano the Blogger said...

Wooooo... Starting the Volcano on a monday yea i dont think that would be a good idea :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree! I am totally going to start on a Friday and hopefully everything goes ok!

If I call in sick, please don't ask for details!!!