Friday, March 23, 2007

Ludicrous Smile


I have this list of things I want to experience before I die and last winter I crossed one of the list . . . I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane!

It was while I was in Hawaii with my jujitsu school. Roomie and I took a van up to the North Shore and took the big plunge. The weather was perfect and overall I would say it was an intense experience. I was the first one the plane to jump, but right before we did my camera guy farted! OMG… it smelled so nasty! He thought it was hilarious, was kind enough to open the side door to let air in, and said it was a “beer fart.” Never heard of a “beer fart” before, but I do know that I NEVER want to smell one again!

Normally, tandem sky diving is done from about 2,000 feet; we went up about 5,000-7,000 feet. I remember when I first leaped out I felt like I passed out for a second or two. Later, I was told that the adrenaline, plus the lack of oxygen at that high of altitude probably did cause me to pass out a little.

Seeing how I will probably never do it again, I’m glad I did it in a place with such an amazing view! Don’t get me wrong, I love the experience, but I will probably never do it again.










14 comments:

Anonymous said...

suicidal freak. *shaking head*

I'm glad I didn't hang out with YOU too much in Hawaii. I don't see myself jumping out of a perfectly good plane. And you know what they say...if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

James said...

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I've never felt the need to go skydiving yet. Though I'd rather go skydiving than bungee cord jumping.

Anonymous said...

how are you getting all these photos scanned?

Jane Doe said...

Cindy, you'd think I'd use my new all-in-on printer, scanner, and whatever else it has machine, but no, I take it over to Walgreens and scan 24 photos for $2.99 :)

Whine Girl said...

I just can't be talked into jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Once in awhile I think "hey, I should do that"... but right afterwards I think "yeah, that's not so safe..."
Maybe if I found out the world was coming to an end next week, I'd do it. OR if I found out I wasn't going to live much longer...

"... I'd go sky diving.. I'd go.. rocky mountain climbing, I'd spend 2.7 seconds on a bull named fumanchu.."

Jane Doe said...

Jordan.... I love that song! I go through my phases and was on a country kick last week :) Good Taste! Thsi week I am on a 300 soundtrack kick

Anonymous said...

I met up with the boyfriend at the gym today. I said, "[Kat] posted her skydiving photos!" Boyfriend said, "That's cool!" I said, "It's very cool, considering you'll never see photos like that on MY blog." He said, "Never say never." I said, "Never." He said, "Maybe one day I can convince you to skydive." I said, "Never." And then he admitted that he probably won't skydive either cuz it's too expensive for a couple minutes of thrill. So I'm off the hook.

Anonymous said...

I love to fly and I love the perks of flying. Sky Mall...iPod tunes...movies...free snacks & drinks...but skydiving??? No thanks!!

Glad you enjoyed it so much. The views below look breathtaking in themselves...

Anonymous said...

Hey looks like some crazy crazy fun!!! :) Dunno if I'd ever do it though!

Jane Doe said...

Cindy you could always photoshop yourself on my photos and no one would know the diff :)

Jane Doe said...

. . . unless of course you used the same photos I have posted and someone reads this blog. :( But I won't tell anyone

Anonymous said...

how about I just put my head over your head, and if someone who reads your blog calls me out on it, I'll just say that I have the real photo and YOURS is the photoshopped one. :D

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I dont remember seeing these pix! GEEZZ LOWEEEZZ Nessa!!! DANG!!! I would have SH!*ed in my pants!! Your such a brave girl :-)

Jane Doe said...

Dude, you are family... what do you mean you never saw these? I brought them on Turkey Day and showed everyone. When I see you next time, I'll show you all 37 of them. Deal?