Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Buyer's remorse




I went to pick up dinner on Monday and noticed a beauty supply store right next to it. I’m running low on shampoo and conditioner so stopped in and asked for a recommendation on their organic products. The store associate was super friendly, helpful and recommended Pureology Shampoo & Conditioner because not only was it organic, but 100% vegan, too. I thought, why not and we headed off to the cash register. The most I have ever paid for hair products were $25-$30 for a liter size, so you can image my shocking response we it rang up to $100+. Each bottle was $49.95! OMG! My facial expression must have looked freaked out because the cashier offer me a 20% discount. I thought, wow 20% off….cool! Ring those puppies up and if I regret it later I will just return them. She also threw in a free bottle of $15 nail polish. We’ll the regret set in yesterday and I was going to return them today, but read the back of the receipt and the store DOESN’T do refunds. AH! I guess I’ll exchange it for a different brand and get more products for my money.

Moral of the story, ask about refund policy before making ridiculous purchases!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh $100 for good clean smelly hair. It's SO gonna be worth it girl!!!

Anonymous said...

how trippy. Today in the shower at the gym (lunchtime), I saw a used packet of this very shampoo resting on top of the soap dispenser. I didn't know it was this expensive!

Ano the Blogger said...

Ooops!!! OMG that is some serious shampoo!

You know it's really funny about return policies here. We are so used to in the US that the general rule is 30 day return policy.

When people come visit us from other countries they're amazed that you can return ANYTHING. becuase out there if you bought it you keep it!

Anonymous said...

Hence the saying, "Caveat Emptor!"

Americans are heard all the time complaining about things they've purchased overseas, being "swindled," threatening to "sue," and then getting laughed at.

Jane Doe said...

I ended up exchanging it yesterday for 2 bottles of Joico mousse, a liter of Matrix shampoo & conditioner for curly hair, and a bottle of American Crew guy shampoo for my roomie, so he doesn't use my $20 shampoo AND have $12 left. Now I don't feel so guilty :)

Anonymous said...

That's definately a better deal than $50.00 a bottle for the other shampoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops again that was me

Jane Doe said...

Yeah, I was happy with my exchange, except for my new shampoo has a weird scent to it. I was spoiled with the scent (sour green apple) from my last one and this one smells like a hint of vaseline.