Thursday, June 14, 2007

Act of kindness

Awhile back I heard news that my sister, Ligia, from Nicaragua would be visiting the States to be here for my Dad’s one year anniversary of his death.

I got word yesterday that she would not be able to make it, but in honor of his kind memory she will be feeding the homeless for 3 hours on that day.

That made me feel humble inside and honored that I have her as my sister.

I have so many options of things to do that day, visit the San Diego Zoo, take a martial arts class taught by Master Bing, hang out with family and/or friend, but it never occurred to me to do something for someone else on that day.

What thoughtful and selfless family members I have!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't undercut yourself...you've got really amazing selfless, giving, generosity genes, too! Runs in the family. :)

Ano the Blogger said...

Hey that's pretty cool of her to do! And I have to agree with Cindy -- you are very kind and giving yourself!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I didnt know that she was going to do that! That is awesome! I cant believe that she thought of that! :-) Cool!

Jane Doe said...

Cindy - Awww... THANKS!!! You are an amazaing person yourself! :)

James - I thought it was pretty cool of her to do that , too! And Thank you!!!

Jessy - Older sis told me and I thought that was too sweet! That is too kind especially for someone to do that in Nicaragua. I didn't know they had programs like that. I am sure all her rug rats are going to help too! I am glad Nacha, you and me are having a girls night that night. We are gonna have fun!!!

SBW in MD said...

That is a very cool thing to do. I spent the anniversary of my father's death looking at pictures of him and wallowing in self pity - I don't reccommend it.