Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am two weeks into my ½ marathon training and am following Hal Higdon's training program. He recommends that you do a 5K (3.1mi) and 10K (6.2mi) to get used to race pace and to track your progress. I went onto Active.com’s website and found two races… so here I go again signing up for more events!

I will be doing a 5k at the City of Cypress 5K & 10L Run/Walk event. It will be held July 28th. The race is a fundraiser for cancer patient and awareness.

The second race I signed up for is The Hills Are Alive 10K/5K Run and 5K Walk. I will me doing the 10K Run. The 26th Annual Hills Are Alive Race is a cross country event taking place on soft-packed equestrian trails for the event’s 5K & 10K Run and 5K fun walk events. Race T-shirts and gift bags are included with each registration, following with snacks, beverages, and an awards ceremony after the race. Race proceeds benefit the Rolling Hills Estates Pepper Tree Foundation, whose purpose is to develop and maintain parks, trails, open space, recreation programs and facilities.

All this so that I have motivation to keep myself in shape!

I have a feeling that might be me come the day of the race! Oh, and I just found out that the week before this race I will be travel. *sigh* I will be coming home the Friday before and waking up very early for the half marathon. Good thing they recommend resting more days before your run, otherwise I am not sure when I would be able to squeeze in daily workouts.

4 comments:

Ano the Blogger said...

Wowow!!! You are signing up for even more events!?!? Impressive!!!

Sounds like you are going all out and serious about this! You're going to be keeping yourself in great shape!

Jane Doe said...

I hope it gets me in good shape!!!It's more that I don't want to injure myself and the program recommends it, otherwise, I would not do it! Haha!

And seeing how I am doing the 1/2 by myself I don't want to die, so I am mental and physically preparing myself.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're doing so much more preparation than I did for my 1/2 marathon. I basically went, "Oh, the race is next week." And then I went to buy a pair of new running socks, and did the run. Of course, I lost a toenail, so you're in a much better situation than me. :)

Jane Doe said...

Cindy you are in better shape then I am so you can go out and just run 13+ miles. I have to bring my endurance up so I don't die!