Sunday, August 12, 2007

Race results are in

I went on this morning to Runnersimage.com to see my race result and here they are:

Place: 146th

Division Place: 13th

Time: 1:06:30

Pace: 10:42

It was a intense run with A LOT of hills and I am so proud that I woke up and went. Believe me at 5:30AM when my alarm went off I had thought about going back to bed, but I DIDN'T!

Towards the finish line I turned a corner and was greeting with three, beautiful smiling faces. My niece Lizzy was near some trees, so I just yelled her name and waved. My oldest sister and niece where on the other side of the horse trail with their hands out for a high-five. I had the HUGEST smile as I passed them and gave them a high five! It was a great motivating factor to have them there and know that they would be greeting me when I was done.

I now understand why my 1/2 marathon training program has you do these runs. It's completely different run during a race then it is on a treadmill or outside. Your body acts differnt and the nerves kind get to you. These runs keep me focused on my goal and helps me gauge my progress.

Oh, GREAT news!!!! My two older sisters are going to do the half marathon with me. YIPPEE!!! It's about a month away... wish me luck! :)

6 comments:

Bachatadharma said...

really good luck for you!!!!I wiil be waiting more news..
And congratulations for the race...i love run too.
Happy day!
;-D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That's great...I'm proud of you. Such motivation.

Jane Doe said...

bactharadharma - Thank you! :) I am not a huge fan of running but I am beginning to become quite fond of it. I join all these races to keep me in shape during the holiday season. I'm sure running in your home country is beautiful!!!! I might visit there within the year. I want to visit Baeza.

Flat Coke - THANKS SO MUCH! It's funny the things we do to motivate us to stay in shape, huh? But it is all paying off. I am not losing lbs, but I am losing inches! YIPPEE! Hopefully, the # on the scale will start going down.

Ano the Blogger said...

Hey congrats! You did great. I'm proud of you for sticking with it and following through with your goals!

Bachatadharma said...

Hello Kitty Kat!
What surprise you´ll visit Spain. I live in Salamanca, a really interesting medival city. You can look for information in internet. It´s not so near to Baeza but i think i´ll be a really good idea visit us.
If i can help you to something only ask me please.
Why Baeza?
Kiss

Jane Doe said...

Ano the blogger - Thanks for commenting! I know you are SUPER busy with work and your side job. I still can't believe you were at work after 11PM last night. Hope you got some dinner.

bachatadharma - Baeza is the main reason I am going to visit. It's were my ancestors are from and I would just live to sit in a cafe and drink some coffee. I will definitely do a search on Salamanca and see if my travel agent can have me pass by there.