Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Kick butt to pussy cat

Saturday evening, Jay and I enter the world of ancient warriors who have perfected the art of hand-to-hand and weapons combat through hours of daily training for more than 1,000 years. It was Shaolin Monk Warriors displaying their art and some deadly moves!

Coolest moment of the night was finding out that this was Jay's first theater style show!

The cutest part of the show had to be the 2 youngest monks that were about 5 - 6 years old.

Funniest part had to be when kids from the audience came up to the stage and learn a kung fu kata and at the ki-ah part, on kid screamed "soy sauce!"

Most amazing part was when one monk laid on the sward blades (YES! THE SHARP PART), the a bed of nails was rest on his stomach. They proceed to place another monk on top of the bed of nail and placed a cement brick on the second monk's tummy. You probably guess what is next! A third monk brought out a sledge hammer and broke the cement block. Talk about an OUCH sandwich! But both monks walked away unharmed!


Sunday I met up with Cindy to join a bunch of gals and learn some new dance moves. I am not gifted when it comes to choreographed stuff and was being a little goof ball in class. The style of dance was burlesque and I couldn't stop laugh at me in my ballet shoes. The recommended something with soles so that you didn't slip and break something. Some girls were in heels and didn't falls, trip, slip once. I don't think I would take up the class, but a good time was had!


p/s Cindy can swing on a pole! Mr W. time to invest in one!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poles are fun. Totally took me back to junior high. You know, when I pole-danced for Cheetoes and Garbage Pail Kids money.

Anonymous said...

The warrior show sounds cool. SOY SAUCE!!! lol

I didn't know you were going with Cindy to burlesque dance..it sounds fun.

Jane Doe said...

Cindy - Garbage Pail Kid card RULED!!! They still have some up at Wahoo's

Flat Coke - Both days were a blast! The warrior show I got to see the forms I learn in martial arts and how they look when they are perfected.

The dance was great! I learn a few sexy moves!

Anonymous said...

I swear your stripper photo looks like someone I went to HS with who was on the dance team. Melissa? Marisa?

Jane Doe said...

Interesting... she is on wikipedia ( i think thats were I got it)