Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fire lit...

Now how do I keep the fire that has been lit from under me to stay lit?

A girl's worst nightmare happened to me, I GAINED weight! And now many of you might say it's muscle, blah, blah, blah... but I HIGHLY doubt it.

I went to the doc's office this morning and I was excited because I saw that my weight had a zero at the end, so I THOUGHT I had lost weight. See I was at 1(blank)2 early this week. I told the nurse that I was excited and she walked out saying maybe she saw it wrong and then came back in the room and notified me that I was wrong. Her eyes were fine and my eye balls need a check up. My little bubble had burst!

Earlier in the week I had weighted myself and lost 2 lbs and now I have gained 8? AH! Maybe it was that pint of Rocky Road ice cream. Maybe it's the scales? Or maybe it's the fact that SHE is here! Either way, I am hitting the gym tonight and TRYING to stay focused and motivated!

Oh, I need to get back on that running program again, ASAP! I act like I don't have a FULL marathon coming up or something! You would think that would be enough motivation...but it's not cutting it for me.

Any advice on how to stay motivated on my day to day basis???

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HIGHLY DOUBT you gained 8 lbs in a week. You may be bloated. Are you PMSing or have you eaten something extremely sweet (cookies and cake and pie) or extremely salty (salted nuts, Cheetos, fast food) in the last 2 days? Chug water for the next 2 days and see if your weight drops again. Counter-intuitively, drinking water gets your body to release its excessively retained water.

Anonymous said...

Of course I am willing to help whenever I can. We have already discussed the plans. We just need to implement. Desired results will be soon to follow.

Jane Doe said...

Cindy - Yup all of the above! I would say this PMS season was the worst I have had in 5 months, so I indulged in a lot of goodies. ANd having a friend how is pregnant and wants ice cream doesn't help. I hope it was water retention!

Jay - LOL @ Mr. Jay! I think it's cute that my Mom calls you that!!! So when did we decide on a 1 on 1 boot camp workout?? Sundays, right? LET'S DO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Gee, I could've sworn mr jay was referring to bedroom olympics and not a boot camp workout.

Jane Doe said...

Well, since we started our bedroom workouts HE has lost like 7 lbs... He takes me out for great workouts... and I enjoy them. But I am the one that need to lose weight, so maybe I need to do the "riding" workout more often.

Anonymous said...

Well.. girl i know that you got this! Whatever you put your mind t I knowthat you can accomplish it! :-) U are your motivatio :-) But i d understand how life, school and work can elimate gym or exercie :( But i know that you can do it :) love ya!
~Messy J

Jane Doe said...

Thanks for the encouraging words! I love the way you put thta, I am my motivation! yeah, my jiggles definitely motivate me... but something else just did it for me... tee hee!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat sister girl. I can't stay focused on the gym when I've got hockey, football, Grey's Anatomy, and Reese's frozen pies in my life!!

Jane Doe said...

Reese's frozen pies... NOW that sounds deadly!