Thursday, June 26, 2008

Waistline check

On the way to work yesterday I heard this clip from CNN. The Japanese government is forcing companies to check the waistline of all employees and if they are deemed overweight then the company gets fined and the company can fine the employees. A part of me wishes they did that here in the states for my own benefit.

When I was in the Navy I knew I had to be in shape, to not only fit in my uniforms that are only issued every 4 to 8 years, but it was part of the job and promotion standards and requirments. Maybe that is what I need to stay in shape - a job that requires it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what's weird about those requirements? Men can't be over 85 cm, but women aren't in trouble until they're over 90cm! How come women are allowed to be thicker? And what the hell is that in inches?

Anonymous said...

I just did the conversion.
Men: 33.5"
Women: 35.4"