Monday, June 9, 2008

A dose of what I needed

I had a dream last night that it was the day of my surgery, they put me under and all of a sudden I was in a white, never ending room and my Dad was holding my hand. I asked my Dad if I was dead and he told me no and that the surgery was being performed, so he wanted to look after me.

I heard someone calling my name and as I opened my eyes I saw my Dad peeking from the hospital curtain and I reached out for him and burst into tears yelling “do you see him?!?!” The curtain moved as if he let it go and my family asked “who?” I didn’t reply and just cried because I knew he made his way back to heaven.

Today I goggled thyroid surgery and saw real pictures of the procedure. As my eyes got bigger and my freak out meter started to rise, I got a text from my sister letting me know that I was in her thoughts and she just wanted me to know that. She went on to say that she worries about me, but feels confident that I will be okay after the operation and ended with letting me know that I could count on her and her family’s help!

What perfect timing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would've benefitted from not knowing exactly how my cervical surgical procedure was to be performed cuz I have a way overactive imagination that doesn't need more fuel to create more heebie jeebies. I think you're like me in that way.

I think your dad visited in a way that tells you early that he will be with you during your stressful time, that he's keeping up to date with everything going on with you right now, and that you'll be okay and you're loved. Your dad's cool that way (in his visitations).

Jane Doe said...

I am like you in that way!!! All the way! Plus, at work I have time to goggle all this stuff and I once I heard I would get cut on my throat I wanted to know how big the scar would be. Unfortuately, I saw too much. Now I just want to get it over with already.

I'm glad I got the Dad that I did! He was great on earth and still is! :)

Anonymous said...

You will be FINE during your procedure. Just remember these doctors do this ALL DAY EVERY DAY. They don't have to go to the internet to see what they are doing, they could probably perform the surgery blindfolded they do it so many times.

What a comforting thought about your father.