Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Some "ME" time

I’ve been feeling weird lately. I think I went from the stresses of school and finding a house, to the stresses of moving, settling in, fixing a fixer upper, and having a toddler in the house. I wasn’t working out, was eating horribly, and not getting enough recoup time and my body was telling me it needed it. My chest was feeling tight, I was getting dizzy through out the day, was feeling sick to my stomach, and I checked my blood pressure and it was high. Oh my poor body! I knew it was stress related or I had to be pregnant. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative, so I am not preggers, so it’s anxiety/stress.
I gave my body some well deserved TLC yesterday. I started the pampering with a great lunch. You can never go wrong with sushi. I tried a spot near my work and got the Crunch Tataki Roll. It had spicy tuna, shrimp tempura, Ahi tuna Tataki and crab inside and crunch, eel sauce and onions on the outside. It was actually really tasty. After work I treated myself to a massage. I have only fallen asleep once on the table before, but last night I must have woken up like 3 times during the session.

We ended the night with watching the movie Taken, a great action pack movie!!! I give it two thumbs up and it even had me on the edge of my seat. Afterwards Jay and I had some good ol'1:1 time. It was an awesome feeling to end the night in a relax, peacful, happy state and fall asleep like a baby.

3 comments:

cindy said...

okay, NOW you made me drool.
But I disagree...you CAN go horribly, horribly wrong with sushi. I really need to update my blog with Florida pictures and stories soon.

good thing you weren't pregnant, or you shouldn't have had the sushi! (I was agape when I first found out you can't eat sushi when pregnant.) as for me, I'm gonna celebrate not being pregnant with a jello shot right now. :)

Jane Doe said...

That's right you owe us a story about about a really, really bad sushi experience!

Can't wait to see you Fl pictures! The ones you sent me through text were awesome. The sky was a crisp blue and so clear.

Yes, I was VERY happy I wasn't pregnant. If I ever decide to have a kid, I want to plan for it not have it happen on accident. Plus, want to have at least my BS degree. Ya know. Jayla's babysitter said I was being selffish. Arrggg! Call it what you want lady, I am just being true to me.

Katatonia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.