Saturday, July 23, 2011

I will NOT walk!

This morning I woke up at 5AM. It's no secret that I am not a morning person, however, I was surprisingly alert and upbeat this morning. My youngest sister wanted to run a 5k without stopping or walking, so we trained some and signed up for a pretty flat street race. We ran it in 40 mins flat. Not bad for my sister's 2nd 5K and she accomplished her goal!


We took advantage of waiting in line by the porta-Johns for a photo opt. And waiting at the finish line was my love and lil Ms. Jayla.



Afterwards my mom treated us to breakfast. I had a veggie omelet with potatoes and a pancake. It was a little hole in the wall place, but really good. I love it that my family does active things together and as the years go by I feel like we are growing closer and closer.

No comments: