Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prize

Yesterday the weight loss competitors got together for lunch and to discuss the prize for the winner. We decided that at the end of each weigh in (there are 3 more to go) everyone who did not place first has to put $10 into the pot. The winner of the overall competition get the money which will equal $120. Not bad, but I was rooting for everyone just giving the winner $50 at the end which would have equalled $300!!! (I had already planned on spending the money on school books). Nonetheless, I was more motivated to keep working hard. The previous night I had skipped dinner because I had come home and fallen asleep. Yup, I came home and passed out and didn't wake up until 1:39AM where I ate a piece of chicken and went back to bed. I guess my body needed some rest. So last night I did a boot camp workout and because some family decided to hang out RIGHT NEXT TO ME and watch me work out, I certainly pushed a little hard. Not to show off, but just human nature to kick it in high gear.

I've been on "meal plans" compliments of Oxygen magazine. They are planned out by a nutritionist and it's supposed to jump start my metabolism. I just started week 2 and am doing well on it. I only semi-cheated once with a mint protein bar.

Here are the meal plans:

WEEK 1:
Meal 1: 3/4 cup of oatmeal and either a banana or orange
Meal 2: 1 apple
Meal 3: 1/2 cup of rice, 4 oz skinless chicken breast or fish, grilled and 1 cup of summer squash, chopped.
Meal 4: 2 cups of celery and 1 tbsp of almond butter
Meal 5: 6 oz fish, grilled, 1 cup of zucchini, 1 cup of asparagus, 3 cups of salad (yup, that's plain with NO dressing...YUCK!)
Meal 6: 1 cup of mixed berries
(Plus one snack from the list below if needed)

WEEK 2:
Meal 1: 3/4 cup of oatmeal and either a banana or orange
Meal 2: 2 cups of raw celery or 8-10 cherry tomatoes
Meal 3: 1/2 baked potato, 4 oz skinless chicken breast or fish, grilled and 2 cups of steamed spinach
Meal 4: 2 cups of celery and 1 tbsp of almond butter
Meal 5: 6 oz of fish, grilled, 1 cup of zucchini, 1 cup of asparagus, 3 cups of salad (Again no dressing)
(Plus two snacks from the list below if needed)

WEEK 3:
Meal 1: 1 egg, 3 egg whites and 2 cups of mixed bell peppers
Meal 2: 2 cups of celery and 1 tbsp of peanut butter
Meal 3: 4 oz of skinless chicken breast or fish, grilled, 1 cup of summer squash, 1 cup of asparagus, 3 cups of salad and FINALLY 1 tbsp of low-calorie salad dressing.
Meal 4: 2 cups of celery and 1 tbsp of almond butter
Meal 5: 2 oz of tuna, 1 cup of mixed bell pepper
Meal 6: 6 oz chicken breast or fish, grilled, 1 cup of zucchini, 1 cup of steamed tomatoes, and 3 cups of mixed salad
(Plus one snack from the list as needed)

SNACKS and SUBSTITUTES:
In case I need to substitute a meal or need an additional snack between meals, I am allowed only these things:
12 raw almonds, 1 tbsp pf almond butter, 1 medium sized fruit, 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce with 1/3 cup of shredded wheat biscuit or whey protein shake with fresh fruit.

The diet is not bad at all. Just a lot of cooking, which is not my forte Exercise have been going well. I want to add more ab work outs and Tae Bo videos here and there. I hope to lose 3-4 lbs by next weigh in.

No comments: