Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More signs that it was just meant to be...

I got a call from my doctor today regarding my recent MRI on my shins. Seems I have stress fractures all over. Someone should be calling me shortly to get me set up on bone stimulator that I need to wear 20 minutes before I go to bed. I looked up information on it online and it can take 6months to a YEAR to completely heal, so no more running events for me. He recommends that no spinning classes or standing up pedalling on a bike for 6 weeks. Good thing I didn't run that marathon, cuz I would be in a whole lot of pain! I guess I need to get myself on a swimming routine if I want to look good for my sister's wedding which is in a month.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Where did all those little fractures come from? Did you fall? Were you in pain from running and didn't know what it was? Was it the martial arts classes?

Vanessa said...

I could feel pain sometime when I would run, but not all the time and sometime in the beginning and sometimes after. It got real bad when I up'd my miles and was running more frequently. I guess it's a common thing amoung runners. I have ortothics, good running shoes, do a warm-up and stretch before and after, have protein after and take my vitamins daily...so I was doing my part, but still got injured! Argh!!! So now I need to take it easy, ice, take anti-flamitory pill and do stuff that doesn't effect the area. It's recommend that I get deep tissue massages. I have been going and let me tell you it's a sesitive area!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a serious case of shine splints or what??? WOW! I've never heard of that bone stimulator. Good luck--you'll look great for the wedding no matter what!!

Jane Doe said...

It's not super serioius where I need surgery, but if I don't rest and let it heal, then the muscle might detach from the bone and then I will need surgery. So I am going to rest and start swimming or something. I need to!!! My paints are feeling TIGHT! AH!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Every night! that is crazy! I wanna swim too! let me know whe you go so i might be able to go to that gym that you go to :) Love ya and TTYL

Vanessa said...

That's great that you want to go swimming with me! I'm stoaked! I will be going early in the morning some days, so I know you can't make those, but on the weekend let's plan a regular time to go! Cool?