Monday, January 28, 2008

Driving cars and choked with a stick

I stayed home Friday night because there was a little bit of tension between Jay and I. I don't want to get into it all, but it involves his ex and mother of his daughter coming over to get ready to go out. WHATEVER!

Anywho... Good thing came out of it, I got to spend some quality time with my niece. I picked her up and we were planning on catching up over some coffee, but our tummies were growling so we had sushi instead. She had never had tempura before and said she hated it. I love how people can just look at something and decide whether they will like it or not. Needless to say, she tried it and loved it! Oh, and right before eating she wanted to stop by to "look" at a phone she REALLY wants! I feel someone is hinting! Cuz why else would she need to just stop by a store that she already knows has the phone that she REALLy wants just to show me and tell me she needs to save up AND doesn't have a job. She must think since I bought her a phone awhile back that I am the phone giving goddess or something. HINT DENIED!

We headed back to her house and I parked in a parking lot next to her house and got out of the car. She didn't know why I went to the passenger side until I told her she was about to get driving lessons. She had asked me earlier and I told her maybe. As I drove with her I quiz her on speed limits, signs, painted curbs, scenarios, etc. We did some drills like using your mirror to back up, parking, turns and then off to the streets we went! Residential of course! At first she FREAKED out, was on the WRONG side of the street, STOPPED while on the wrong side of the street and then quickly drove back into the safe parking lot. Geez... talk about giving me a heart attack. She had just finished saying she drove her ex's car. Well, apparently not on the street (which I later learned was true!). We did some more drills in the parking lot and then just drove the blocks around her house for about 10 minutes. She did VERY well. Stayed in the speed zone, on her side of the street and was calm.

Then we decided to go watch a movie. She picked the movie 27 Dresses. I had never heard of it, but it was appropriate for her and I. Totally a chick-flix, but cute!

Saturday is a blur to me. I know I was pooped and slept in until noon. Woke up made breakfast, cleaned, went to practice and watched my lil niece that evening. And Jay came over and made stuffed bell pepers...YUM!

Sunday I went to an invitation jujitsu clinic. The flyer said "Bo No Kata" but I had no idea what I was in for. It was jujitsu throws, chokes, arm bars and wrist locks with a STICK. OUCH! Sensei T went with me and I think he was putting a little too much elbow grease in it. I felt like his practice dummie. I know he wanted to show off his skills and diversity of knowledge in the martial arts areana because he will soon be teaching clinic with my school, but release the ego and stop using me as a dummie! I had to stop working out because at one point we were learning a break of the arm, then jujitsu throw. When he threw me he did some adv. technique and I felt him twist my arm twice. It was hot, swollen, red and I couldn't move it. It just went to sleep. And from the pain and frustration and yup I started to cry. I turned around and went to occupy myself my pulling my hair back while I composed myself but my hand couldn't even maneuver my hair scrunggy. That's when I called it quits for the day. Talk about awkward moment. Not to mention one of the regular students I work out came to watch the clinic and yup he saw me crying. They were probably thinking.. "darn girls!" but oh well, that's the way it went down. Today my body is sore from the 2.5 hours of stick jujitsu fighting and not being condition to throwing or should I say falling. My elbow REALLY hurts, too. We did so many locks with a stick that I am feeling the pain. I was supposed to lift weights during lunch but I think I will take it lightly and just do cardio.

3 comments:

General Francis X. Hummel said...

As promised I am going to leave a comment.
The first sentence of your blog leaves alot to be wondered about. I know your usual readers will have tons of questions and probably not even focus on anything after the first sentence.
With that said, I have been forgiven. let sleeping dogs lie!

General Hummel

Jane Doe said...

I haven't heard from my readers except from Jessy and Cindy. The first thing Cindy asked me about on chat was Sunday's clinic. Probably because it has to do with our jujitsu school... and she knows that you are a sweetheart and wouldn't purposely do something to hurt me. :)

Anonymous said...

General Hummel - That's RIGHT. In fact, I gave examples of 2 situations in which I was on the end of the person needing an extra place to get ready, AND on the end where Mr. W allowed his ex to SPEND THE NIGHT at his house when I was supposed to go over when we were newly dating. (Needless to say, I didn't spend the nite the same time the ex did.) The reason she wanted to spend the nite was flimsy and nonsensical, too.

And yeah, I asked about the jujitsu thing first cuz that's more alarming to me (her physical injury) than any little tiff you two may have had, which I was sure you would've already settled by the time this post was written.