Monday, November 12, 2007

Shiner


I can't believe that I am posting this but... this is the effect of rough sex!!!!!
JUST KIDDING
Yesterday was martial arts practice and this darn newbie tried a move on me at full force and so started my black eye.

We did a combo mantis block and with the same hand elbow falling down on the face. It immediately closed once the impact occurred.

David was cool made a trip to Target to get an ice pack and Tylenol and had sensei T drive me home. I put ice on it the entire night and this morning.

I couldn't drive to work today because I can't open my eye and I didn't want to be a safety hazard to my fellow drivers on the road.

My sister took me to lunch with my two nieces before taking me to the ER because my doc couldn't see me. The PA, Doc and two nurses opened my eye. he pain was so intense that I cried twice. They did sight test, made me look up, down, side to side while following their finger or pen that they were holding up. They took an xray, too. After almost 3 hours, I was give the "everything came back normal, do the RICE (Rest, Ice, C?, and Elevate) method and follow up with your PCP". It will take 1-2 days for the swelling to go down and my eye to open and a MONTH for the hemorrhage in my eye and bruising to go away.

Oh and it will get worst before getting better! So it looks like I got Veteran's Day off after all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gawd, dude. I'm glad he didn't blind you!

And you're SMILING all angelically in the 2nd photo!

Jane Doe said...

OMG, indeed! I am so glad there is no permanaent damage. The xray came out clean and nothing is broken. There was not enough fluid in it to drain and the bruising and eye hemorrage will take month to complete be gone.

David kept saying "I need to slow down" and now I am like "No shit!"

Funny I would take pictures of my eye and notice this sad look, so immediately take another with a lil smile.

Anonymous said...

oh, is THAT how the 2nd photo's expression came to be? You're too funny.

Anonymous said...

DANGGGGGGGGGGGGG Looks like a tennis ball in there! I thought the ones on top of your blog were bad! THESE ARE BAD!! WOW!!! you still look pretty tho :) Love ya!