Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm a reptile!

I'm shedding! I'm shedding!

Part of the tattoo healing process is that the top layer of skin that heals over your tattoo sheds. It's has some ink on it, too! You're supposed to put lotion or A&D ointment on it through out the day, so these black pieces of skin keep coming off on your hand as you lather yourself up.

Today is my first day of shedding. For whatever reason the tattoo artist does not tell you about this! When my first tattoo started to heal and my skin started to shed I though the ink was coming off and my tattoo was ruin. Later Later I learned that nope, it's just part of the process! Glad I had gone with Roomie at that time and he got one too, so when it was happening to him to we knew that it was "normal" or part of the process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would freak me out to be shedding skin. Hopefully it won't last too long and you can show off the new tattoo!!

Jane Doe said...

It is VERY freaky to have your skin peel off like that. It is almost done shedding...I think & hope so!

Now I just need to work more on my tummy so I can feel confident and show off my tattoo.