Monday, March 26, 2012

Family bonds

Spring break started with a hiccup, but of course sister love is something magical. It makes you get over stuff or at least see past it to enjoy each other's company. I know I was pissed that my sister cancelled my Colorado trip, but we talked about it. I am trying to not hold things in and talk about it sooner rather than later. Normally, I stay pissed and people just know that I am pissed and to stay away. I take FOREVER to talk about it. I know that's not healthy and with Jay's help am working on my communication skills.

My sis and I talked about the big elephant in the room, made up and then made plans to hang out. I was going to stop by after Olivia's birthday party. The party was a small get together with family and I'm an honorary family member!! We met at Chuck E. Cheese where kids ran around with excitement and fist full of tokens and raffle tickets.

Santa's newborn slept through all the craziness and we were able to catch up on each other's lives. She made homemade cupcakes that were DELICOUS! They even had Mini Mouse fondue ears and a bow. Too cute!

My goddaughter couldn't get enough of them... but she was a good sport to stop and take a picture.
It was hilarious that her younger sister wanted nothing to do with her b-day crown that Chuck E. Cheese gave her. Naturally, Madison took it. It felt great that when it came to present time and Madison was sad that the gifts were not for her, that her godparents had a gift for her. Her eyes lit up and said in the most adorable voice "*sniff* this is for me????* She held her Little Mermaid doll up and then hugged it. The only thing I remember about my godparents was that they always had presents for me and my sisters. As a kid that means so much, so I learned from them and made sure to bring a gift for Maddy!

The rest of my spring break I spent visiting my sisters and friends. My favorite sister time was when we all went walking on a horse trail that we frequented when we were little. We rotated talking to each other and sharing stories. The weather has been so beautiful lately, so we didn't need to bundle up. There's a part on the trail that the eucalyptus trees smell so fresh and crisp. It brought back so many good memories.

Karla and I also made a trip to my school. She is thinking about joining their fashion design college... I know it's just an idea, but hey that would bring her back to Cali!

As my spring break came to an end I worked a graveyard shift. My mom called and said she wanted to bring me some food. It was late and I was sure places were closed, but took her up on the offer for coffee. I was working until 0600 and could sure use the caffeine. She got to my work around 1130p. She was amazed by all the monitors I have to keep track of and the radio transmission I could understand. We laughed about how we could say so much with just a few codes. She said for a while and we watched some TV. It was nice for her to see me working and to stop by. She said she's a night owl, so would be up anyways, so why not visit her daughter. I felt special! It was a nice treat to my work night.


So now here I am, starting my last quarter at school. Class starts at 1PM. I'm feeling pumped and ready to attack this quarter. I'm taking biology of cancer, botany (with a lab), physic (last of the series with a lab), cell and molecular biology, and some bio class that I am not really sure what it entails.

2 comments:

cindy said...

I took Bio of Cancer. One of the most practical classes ever. I still use what I learned in that class today.

Jane Doe said...

That's the way I feel about my water pollution class. It help me understand soooo much! I am sure I will gain important knowledge and life changing info from bio of cancer. We have some guess speakers coming in, which will help for a 8:00AM class