Sunday, December 23, 2007

Semester end celebration

*cough* *hacking* *sneeze* *sniff*

AH! I'm sick! Real bad, too! My voice has faded and is almost back. I missed two days of work :( I don't have sick time, so it's gonna hit the pocket a little, but oh well. Better I stay home, rest and not get the whole office sick, especially before the holidays. Thursday night the girl that covers my desk when I am out calls me "to see how I am" and wants to know if I am coming in the next day because 1.) there is a meeting in the morning that she basically doesn't want to come in early to prepare (since her shift starts at 9am and mine at 8:15) and 2.) her chest feels a little heavy and she thinks she has pneumonia and wants to get it checked out and the ONLY appointment available is in the morning. I could barely talk and was like are you kidding me?!?! Out of the two of us I am more likely to have pneumonia. Some people!

I'm on the way to recovery. The Wednesday before my sickness hit hard Jay invited me out to lunch. We went to one of my favorite spot, Lucille BBQ. I am a sucker for BBQ!!! I got the BBQ salad and Jay got the BBQ chicken sandwich. When I got to the table there was a dozen roses and a touching card from Jay for sticking to my goal of finishing the semester. I was touched! His words were so sweet! We had a great lunch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are so great for each other! (You and Jay, not you and the girl who covers your desk.)

Jane Doe said...

Thanks!!! I am so blessed to have met Jay and jave him in my life! :)

Hope you have a Merry Chistmas!!!