Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy be-lated Halloween

I'm going through my camera and noticing that school and work had me so busy that I never posted about our very first pumpkin carving event. How could I forget such a momentous occasion seeing how we have been trying to crave pumpkins for forever and a day now.

I had checked out our local farmer's lot for pumpkins thinking they would be cheap and had a heart attack when some were priced for $25-$30!!! People are insane! We headed to Ralphs instead and got some for $5.00 each.

I cheated and got some stencils and made a scary monster. He made his guest appearance outside, but Jay wanted it inside so the neighborhood kids would be tempted to steal it.
I carved "Nessa" in the back.
Jay's was all done by himself. Yup, no stencils and it came out awesome looking!!!

Can you tell which team he's rooting for?

The actual day of Halloween we avoided being home and leaving lights on because we hadn't gotten candy.

2 comments:

cindy said...

haha, should've given you guys our candy. almost nobody came to our house cuz the whole neighborhood stunk like manure that week.

Jane Doe said...

Eeeeewww!!! That's gross!!! Sometimes the winds pick up over here and the manure smell from Chino Hills drifts over.