Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Palm Springs surprise and a little extra!

So you have been patiently waiting to hear about this great surprise I got in Palm Spring, so here it is. I'm getting MARRIED!
... Close your mouth, I am just kidding!
I went to my hotel room to sneak away from the meeting because the long days were getting to me. It was Tuesday afternoon and at this point I had been working 9 days straight. I walked into my room and this was my view from the door...

Do you see what's on the table???

ROSES!!!!!!


A dozen BEAUTIFUL, red roses!!! Here is a back view of them. Can you tell that I am THRILLED to get them??? I even took pictures of them on my camera phone. This was the first time anyone has ever sent me flowers, besides my bosses on Administrative Day. Seriously, I sat down and just starred at them for like 10 minutes and tears rushed down my cheeks. Then tried to compose myself to call him and thank him. Lord, that took like another 10 minutes. Words can't describe how special I felt! Not only did I get a wonderful and heart-felt surprise, but it was JUST BECAUSE! I remember thinking over and over, "these are for me?" WOW! I am not sure what I did to deserve such a wonderful gesture and AWESOME guy, but what ever it is I am glad I did it!

On top of that, he drove the 100+ miles to see me that night! Out of all the people I have ever dated, no one has gone out of there way like this. I am speechless! I feel like a giddy, high school gal! It was a GREAT night!!! :)

That Friday, I took the day off to recuperate and Jay, his daughter, Jayla, and I went to Huntington Library. It was our first time visiting the landmark and one day is just not enough to see the 120 acres of beautiful gardens, so we will be making a trip back.

We asked a staff member if they could take a photo and she posed us in this neat area. You would never have guessed that there were tons of chairs and tables around us.

This is my favorite picture of the day!!!


And this is the neatest flower! Guess the name!



It starts with HYMEN...LOL!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW!! the flowers looked beautiful when they were alive! LOL!!!! And they still looked nice when i sawe them :-)
I love ya and you look so happy in all the pix! What a nice day!!!!!
I love ya and it has been too long that I have been on you page!
Imma scan it right now and see what i have missed! Love ya and TTYL
~Messy J

Anonymous said...

Look at you guys glowing all over the place. Hee hee!

I'm glad you finally got to visit Huntington Library. Did you get to go inside the hall to see the exhibits? Or are they still under renovation? It's so cool that Jay goes and does these things w/you, cuz I've dated my share of boring men who just want to watch sports on TV or hang with THEIR friends all the time doing nothing so men like Jay should get props! And props to you for snatching one.

Jane Doe said...

Jessy - Thanks! There are VERY beautiful!

*grinning ear to ear as I write this*

YOU know I AM!!! :)

You would love the Huntington Library. Great for pictures!!!

Jane Doe said...

Cindy - We didn't see the exhibits. We made it to the Kids, Rose and Jungle Garden and the outskirts of the Japanese one. We will have to go back and catch the rest.

I totally agree!!! It is wonderful to be someone that like to get out and not sleep all freakin day!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got roses--they are beautiful. That was sweet of him to drive so far to see you for just one night. I love guys like that--that sacrifice!!

Hymen--you crack me up!!