Monday, August 15, 2011

2 months away until race day

So whose idea was it to sign up for this race? Oh yeah, mine! I only have 8 weeks left and am confident that I will cross the finish line, but am not so confident I will do so in the time I would like. I did 15 miles yesterday and must say the latter part was rough and my sprinting at the end was slow, but I felt like I was pushing so hard. At least at the end of this run I didn't have the same thought as I normally do, which is subtracting what I ran from 26.2 and questioning myself how I am going to do it. I do know one thing, I need more songs on my ipod ASAP!!!

Here was my workout for this passed week:
Mon: Ran 3 mi
Tue: Rest
Wed: Ran 6 miles, even though I was supposed to do 4
Thur: Was supposed to do 7 miles, but after mile 2 my shin was hurting really bad, so did the elliptical, stair climber for 20mins, and the row machine for 500 yards x 5.
Fri: Rest
Sat: Rest - It was Jay's graduation and I worked graves, so no way I was squeezing in a workout.
Sun: Ran 15 miles.

No comments: