Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm alive... Photo Update

BIG Thanks to Paul, because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be blogging. He was GREAT and fixed my laptop that had 344 viruses. Probably due to download from limewire. You would think that I would have blogged the night that I got the computer, but sorry school started and I have been a go student and studying my little heart away.

I have joined the group of bloggers that can't blog from work anymore cuz of stupid work "securities." So... time for an update!

Surgery went well, except for the thyroid hormonal imbalance crap that is coming to an end. I was always feeling on edge and like I was PMSing. It was a constant urge to want to cry or yell at anything and everything. I totally lived up to the California road rage crazy person during that time.

Then, there is the other women's worst fear... uncontrollable weight gain, which I am happy to report that is finally coming to an halt. YAY!!!

So since the last time I blogged
Natalie turned the big 21! She had a cool party at her house that was Vegas themed. She has casino tables, hookas, open bar and DJ. It was a fun night. We went shopping for dresses the weekend before and yes, you will see me re-wear it later, but hey! I really pay $70 for a dress, so have to make good use of it.

Jayla came down for her 60 days with dad. We had action pack time of zoo visits, family parties, and endless movie time of the Doodlebops.

My niece and I went to see Wicked. It's an AMAZING show! I would highly recommend you see it. It was so funny and I barely realized that it was a 3 hour show. Now that speaks volumes for a show.

We saw it at the Pantages Theater, which was a neat place filled with art and carving at every corner. Like this walker fountain that is at each end of the theater.

Not too long after, we (my sisters & I) had our garage sale of my Dad's stuff. It took over a year, but we finally did it.

We woke up SUPER early and pulled things out before daylight. Before 6AM we were having our first customers.

Luckily, the local Salvation Army had a special event going on that day and scheduled a pick up for later on that day. We made $527. Woohoo! It was a littler surreal seeing the rest of my Dad's stuff get loaded in the truck.

That following Tuesday, I had surgery on my thyroid. My sister had came from Colorado to help with the garage sale and for support for my surgery. My Mom, sisters, niece, Jay and mom's pastor were there during my hospitalization and boy was I spoiled! I came home to roses, balloons and decoration that Jay put up and for the following week ice cream, sushi and home cooked food entered my tummy.

After seeing this dried bloody, tape (that I couldn't removed for a WEEK!), the scar was tiny! Check out the last picture on this post and you can barely see it. My doctor did such a great job that I sent him a thank you. I got tons of compliments on his work, that i just had to let him know.

Shortly after, my lil sis was heading of to North Carolina. *sadness* I threw her a good bye party. She requested that my oldest sister show off her Flamenco moves...

And she delivered!

And then my Mom and lil sis did, too! (My family is the best!)

Then my Mom had a b-day! Happy birthday Mom! The fruit tart was YUMMY!

This great view of the sunset was taken at the Ritz for Cindy's bridal shower.

It was a great, personal time. Everyone had such great stories to share and were super cool! The food was tasty, too. I was craving truffle french fries for weeks after.

A co-worker wanted to do a play date with her son and Jayla, so off we went to the San Diego Zoo. And Naturally, had to stop at the photo spot. Too cute!

Jay's niece and her boyfriend met um with us later on. I never new that San Diego Zoo was such a large park. I had gone for a 5:00AM workout and felt the burn while we walked up and down the hilly park.

And then... the BIG moment! Cindy's wedding!!!!!

Here's the bride visiting the table next to us. It was a great time and I got to sit with my old jujitsu buddies and got caught up on their lives. We had to leave right before the cake cutting cuz Jay had homework due by midnight, but it was a good time.

So that's what's up with me in a nutshell!


Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some "nutshell"! I'm dizzy! Nice photo recap of, like, 3 months. :) And I'd JUST gotten over the truffle fries cravings and now you got me thinking about them again. Haha!

Jane Doe said...

I guess it was a long nutshell. Haha! Those darn this pop into my mind at least once a week. Hmmm.. I think I will google it and see if there is a recipe out there.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back!!! I've missed reading your posts and had wondered how you were. Did you get my email checking on you after surgery? I'm glad your procedure went well...and you are right the scar is barely noticable!!

Jane Doe said...

Thanks! I missed reading yours, too!!! Nope I didn't get you email but thanks so much for sending one :) That was super sweet of ya!