Friday, February 15, 2013

I did it!

When I turned 30 I went on a family hike because I wanted to start off my 30's healthy. Two years later and staying active is still the way I like to celebrate my bday.

I ran 13.1 miles with no training and after working a 12hr graveyard shift. Yay me!! My goal was to do it under 2:30 and barely made it with a finish time of 2:27!

I was losing steam around mile 8.  My legs were cramping up and fatigue had really started to set in. Jay has gone on pack runs around our house so when I saw some one running it reminded me of him and I quickly picked up my speed.  My legs felt heavy but I followed this Army ROTC member has he rapidly weaved in and out of groups.  I was extremely motivated!  I was able to keep up for almost 3 miles. 

And here are my result.
But I didn't finish this race without some clear evident of my lack of training and breaking in new running shoes.  3-4 blisters on each foot (gnore my sock fuzz).
 No pain, no gain... right?


No comments: