Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Active Friends

In my early 20's whenever a birthday rolled around it was all about eating good food, finding a hip bar, club or both and partying the night away.  Now a decade later and things have changed.  Don't get me wrong, I do like to have a good time just in a different way. For my 32nd bday I ran a 1/2 marathon.  After the relay triathlon my friend Santa said she wanted to do a full sprint tri.  She found one the weekend before her bday and asked me to compete with her. I love that my friends want to go out there and be active.

I've trained but not 100%.  I worked a crazy work month with a lot of OT.  But all things considering I know I can and will finish the race. The main thing I am worried about it not know my bike and gears yet. 

Did I forget to mention I got a NEW bike.  A Jamis Venture Sport Road bike.  It's the 2012 model so got a killer deal of $525! And I have my loving hubby to thank for it because it was part of my bday gifts.  The race entry was also a gift.  THANKS BAY!

At first I really liked the model up from this one and a 2013 model, but Jay had a good point. I am new to the sport, I am not a cyclist so why spend a ton of money on a bike not knowing if I am going to train more after this race.  True... very true.  I went with reason and ended up with a pretty cool and fast bike none the less.  I went on a 11 mile bike ride the next day and was pleased.

I also got new shoes in the mail yesterday.  I had given this running store a second try after having a bad experience with them in the past and they failed miserably!!  They got me in the wrong shoes 3 times and I have the blisters to prove it.  After the last return I opted out of an exhacnge and I went online with the newest version of my last 3 pairs of running shoes.  I don't have time to break them in before the race.  Not only because the race is 4 days away but because I have come down with a yucky cold.  I am a walking mucus machine. Ick!

Wish me good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.