Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Call it a bday gift to myself

On a brighter note... I decided to run a half marathon in 3 weeks.  It's totally out of the blue.  Kinda. It's one that I have been wanting to do and I think about often.  I told myself in November, if it wasn't sold out I would sign up.  I didn't sign up.  Then I told myself that same thing aftermy 2 pay days. Finally I did sign up after talking to my sister Jess about really wanting to do it.  I haven't trained.  It's on my bday weekend and if I run that one and another in May, then I get another cool medal because I complete this challenge. I know it's ridiculous that I would pay up the wazoo to run, but I guess there are worst things to spend my $ on. Plus, I notice I am happier when I work out.  I have been making small goals here and there.  My most recent one is to run 8 miles within 60 mins.  Yesterday, I came close to my goal and that made me smile. 
 


2 comments:

cindy.ocliw.com said...

YAY! Good job! I haven't seen you in person lately, but at least in photos, you've been looking in great shape!

Jane Doe said...

Thank you! Once I graduated and wasn't eatting at all hours of the night, living on caffeine and crazy sleep patterns, the pounds started to come off. Exercise helped too! Once of the best compliments I got was from a friend as she walked behind me on a hike and said "you know most wives gain weigh after marriage but Jay is lucky to have a healthier you!"