Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our final days in NY

Before I knew it, it was time to get ready to head home. The night before we visited Jay's brother house in search for a carry on bag and to say our good-byes.

Two of Jay's nieces were heading out to a billiard and we decided to join them. It cracked us all up on the lack of people there. The place had 12+ pool tables, a huge bar, and some arcade games and we were pretty much the only ones there. We sat at the bar and enjoy each other's company. I thought it was so cool that the niece in the top picture and I have so much in common. She want to be a vet, doesn't want to have biological kids, but does want to adopt. She watches only two channels on TV, one being Animal Planet. I am such a monkey see, monkey do type of gal and now am hooked on the show. I am not a person who watches TV, but when I do turn on the tube that's all I watch now... ask Jay! I think he is tired of Animal Planet.. Hehe!
At the corner of the bar I spotted a basketball hoop game and challenged Jay... I was the score on the right and he was the one to the left. His niece came over and said, she was curious to see who was winning and then point out how I was kicking some butt. We played two more games and guess who kept winning... yup, me!


Earlier that day we had gone to Yonker's Race Track. It was cool to see a favorite spot of Ma's (Jay's mom)! And seeing how her birthday was in two days and we were gonna miss it, we made sure to go there. The board has all 9 race tracks in NY and you can bet on any of them. Man, people get so into it, getting close to the screen and screaming at the horses. Ma gave me this magazine book with all the race information and stats on the horse. I looked through and picked three horses to bet on and when I told her the #'s she said I had picked the 3 favorite for that race. Unfortunately, my horses didn't win.

We went down stairs and gambled a little bit. I lost a few dollars, but it was cool to hang out. And unlike Vegas, these rooms are smoke free!
When we got back, Ma and Jay showed me Jay's stomping grounds when he was younger. He used to run these hall and play man hunt with his friends. It was such a neat feeling to see all these part of Jay's life.
We got home and I just had to take a picture of Guy! I have never seen a kitty take a dump like this. He must be claustrophobic.

We walked through town and there was walls painted with these murals.

It shows the story of the town. It these murals were in LA and some part of Orange County, they would have been graffiti'd on already!
A little more walking and a stop at a Spanish food place and I got a look at the babies. Made me think of Cindy and her huge avocado seed that become a healthy tree. These suckers are huge!

And then it was off to the airport! *sadness*

Thanks for the beautiful memories New York!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip!! I love to see things from Bat's stomping grounds too. I like to imagine what it was like for him.

Anonymous said...

I have problems separating "places from Mr. W's past" and "people Mr. W did while at these places in his past." But I don't want to be with a prudish inexperienced man, either, cuz he'd be boring in bed. What a catch-22. :P

Jane Doe said...

Flate Cole - It was such a FUN trip! I love seeing the stomping grounds too. All the childhood stories not have mental pictures. Jay has a scar from when he was playing and went through the laundry mat glass. It crazy to see the loaction and the HUGE piece of glass. I guess I should have taken a pic of that too. Next time!

Cindy - I kinda like to know eveything... it kills me when they won't give up the info. I guess cuz I am a girl and nosy and want to be "cloase" to them and gossip about our lives like girls do.