Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's alive!



Awhile back I bought some avocados and while enjoying one I remember Cindy’s post about her avocado and the seed that was sprouting inside of it.

I have a strong monkey-see monkey-do side of me and immediately put my avocado seed in a cup with water. I was good about making sure it had water and sunlight and it eventually split open and started to sprout.

Then things got a little hectic in my life and I forgot to water it for like a week. When I remembered my seed and decide to check on it I was sadden to see that the little plant life that was growing out of the seed had died.

I didn’t know what to do with it and didn’t want to just give up and throw it away, so I planted it in dirt and watered it about once a week.

To my surprise, it stated to sprout again! YEAH! I am so happy that it hung in there.

I hope mine grows as good as Cindy’s has.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Angelina (the cat) eyeing the plant from inside the window? FREAKING HILARIOUS. What a curious little girl.

Maybe your plant and my plant can mate and that'll get their fruit going. I still have mine sitting here to repot in a bigger pot.

Your leaves look so different from mine. And the growth pattern is so different. I wonder if something else grew out of your pot when you buried the dead seed. :) (I'm thinking Pet Sematary. j/k)

Vanessa said...

Angelina cracked me up, too! See is so nosy!

Now I am curious to see if it's a different plant. I think I will get a plastic spoon (because I don't have those lil shovels) and dig down and check to see if that is the seed or something else tonight.

Ano the Blogger said...

Lol, cool you're planting too huh? I want some yummy avocados!!!! :)

Lol I noticed angelina there in the background too. Cute! :)

Anonymous said...

You've got a green thumb!! Good for you...

Jane Doe said...

I double checked last night and it IS the avocado seed!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I saw angelina in the background and it made me laugh!
=oD

Jane Doe said...

Isn't she cute? I took the picture on my way out the door to work and it made me think, does she always look out the window when I leave each morning? If she does... that is too cute! I know they hear my car when I get home and most of the time are looking out the window to greet me.